Here are all Wits online application information for all prospective students. If you are undergraduate, postgraduate, part-time, distance, no matter which application you are filing, there is an answer to all your queries here.
Each year, the University of Witwatersrand expects many applicants for the following categories of courses:
- Undergraduate courses
- Postgraduate courses
- Part-Time Study courses
- Online Study Courses
- Short courses
The University always opens applications for all these courses so that prospective students can apply and study.
When Do Wits Online Applicaton Open
The University of Witwatersrand application opening dates vary depending on what or how you want to study. For instance, application opening and closing dates for undergraduate courses vary from the postgraduates.
Usually, Wits applications open from July and end in October of every year. But not all of the Faculties open applications in July and Close in October.
Below are the course categories and when the application opens.
- All part time degrees starts from 1 July and ends on 30 September 2021.
- Short courses and Corporate Governance and Administration start from 13 September 2021.
- Undergraduates start from 1 July and ending in October. But you have to check each Faculty since most of them have different application dates.
- Postgraduates have no specific dates.
- For online courses, application is open till 4 October, 2021
How To Apply
The University of Witwatersrand application is easier online so you must apply online.
The application forms are available through Wits online application portal. Depending on what you want to study, you must check the right page to get the right form.
To apply to the University of Witwatersrand, simply visit this link www.wits.ac.za/applications/. The page should look similar to the image below.
If you are completely new, then you will have to create a temporary student ID and Password. This ID and Password is what you will use to open the application form.
Complete the form and Submit.
The above procedure is the same for all the Wits Course categories except online courses.
If you want to apply for an online course, you must visit this URL https://online.wits.ac.za/study-online-at-wits-apply-now/
You will see the online form, fill with your correct details and submit it.
While checking the Wits Prospectus is the best way to know your Wits online application requirements, I will also list some of them below.
- Since this is an online application, you must have an active internet connection which should be the most important thing.
- You also need an active email address for the application.
- If you are completely new or postgraduate, you must have a softcopy of your recent academic reports. International students also need their academic reports from their international institution.
- You also need a copy of your identity document. Being it National ID card for South Africans or Passport for international applicants.
- You will need a copy of your application fee payment receipt for proof of payment.
Wits Online Application Fees
The online application fees vary depending on which study options you are choosing. I will list some of the application fees below.
All application fees must be paid into Wits application accounts which can be found when you scroll down this Page>>>https://www.wits.ac.za/undergraduate/apply-to-wits/
Also, make sure you quote your Temporary Number or Person Number as a reference when making payment.
South Africans offering undergraduate courses will pay R100 while Internationals pay R200.
Postgraduates will also pay R200 for application.
Make sure you get on Wits online application page to check and know both fees and application fees.
How To Check Your Application Status
To check your Wits online application status, you must get to the Wits Self Service portal.
The self-service portal allows you to check your application status and also know if Wits want additional documents from you.
Using the service portal will also help you to check if all your information is correct. It is the same portal that will help you to upload all your documents.
I have a simple guide on how to use Wits Self Service portal. You can check it out and know more if you don’t know much yet.
In most cases, the University of Witwatersrand will communicate to you via the Self Service portal instead of your personal email address. You must check your application status all the time to know your progress.
If you have any queries that you wish to talk to someone, simply call 011 717 1888.
You can also use the My Wits Portal to open tickets.