The UKZN Student Central is the official student portal for the University of KwaZulu-Natal. There are a lot of things students must know about this portal to utilize its full ability.
Since access to information is key in every tertiary institution, the University of KwaZulu-Natal created the Student Central as the final source of all information.
There are so many things students can find on the platform.
How To Access The UKZN Student Central
The entry point to accessing the Student Central is first through the students portal. The portal link is https://ukzn.ac.za/students/students/.
While the portal provides general information to all students, the Student Central provides information to individual students. This means no one can see what you are seeing except you.
The portal which is also the entry point to the Students Central provides useful links including:
- Student Central link
- Lecture time table
- Financial support and scholarship links
- Examination timetable
- UKZN Library links
- UKZN Students Email Links
- All application forms
The portal contains links to almost all the information people need to get around the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
To access the Students Central, you must have a LAN Username and Password. The link to access the Students Central is on the students’ portal page. You can also visit https://sc.ukzn.ac.za/. That is the direct link to the login page.
- If you are on the login page, the next thing you must do is to enter your Student ID Number.
- After that, simply click on proceed.
- Now enter your LAN password.
After clicking on Proceed, you should be able to get access to the system. There are other useful links you can find here too.
- You can check your exams results
- Get lecture timetable and exams timetable.
- You can pay your fees directly from the dashboard
- You also get notificaitons concerning upcoming events and other things happening on campus
- If you are new, you can check your application status
- Old students can also check their course registrations and other similar things on the platform.
How To Rest Your Password
It is recommended to change your passwords at least once every 90 days. This will help you secure your account all the time. Even if someone saw your password, it will also put you on the safer side.
Since you will have to change your passord often, it is very important to knonw the proceedure for doing it. While you can easily change your password using this method, you cannot retrieve your lost password with it.
- To resent your password, visit https://federation.ukzn.ac.za/adfs/portal/updatepassword
- Enter your student email address.
- Enter your old password
- Create your new password making sure it follows the password criteria below.
- Repeat the new password and submit.
You should successfully change your password.
- Your password should not be less than 8 characters long.
- It should also contain at least 1 number
- There must be at least 1 uppercase
- Also add at least 1 lowercase
- Add at least one special character too.
Following this critera will not only make your password strong but will also make it difficult for people to guess.
You must also avoid sharing your passwords at all times.
In short, students must know everything there is about the University of KwaZulu-Natal so they can utilize the system to their advantage.
The Students Central is also the major source of information so using it should be part of your everyday lifestyle.
If you have any issues changing your password, email: [email protected] to get help.
If you have anything in mind that I couldn’t touch on, please kindly Leave a comment below and I will reply as early as I can.