The NWU eFundi is the Learning Management System (LMS) for the North-West University. While other universities still keep the name “Sakai“, NWU chose “eFundi“.
There are many things students and staff can do with the eFundi platform.
The platform gives access to lectures to upload e-materials. On the other hand, giving access to students to download and view these course materials.
It allows students to get access to NWU Library materials as well.
This platform helps students to study without face-to-face contact with their lecturers. It also helps them to write quizzes remotely.
There is also a feature that allows both lecturers and students to interact without physical contact. This same feature allows students to create research groups and assist each other remotely.
eFundi CAS Log in
The CAS (Central Authentication Service) is a network protocol that allows you to access multiple applications or websites with a single login. This system is in place for all NWU’s platforms including the NWU DIY Services and eFundi.
- To get access to eFundi, you need a CAS login. If you have one, simply visit efundi page.
- Click on the “Login” at the top right corner.
- Enter your Username and Password
- After entering your Username and password, you should be able to get access to the platform.
How To Reset Your NWU eFundi Password
Apart from the fact that the password will expire after every 90 days, sometimes you might even forget them.
No matter what the situation, you must always know your way around the system.
- To change your password, simply visit the eFundi page.
- Click on “Reset Password” from the left pane.
- Now enter your University Number, your current password, a new password, confirm the new password, and submit.
- If you have forgotten your password, then click the “forgotten password” link.
- Since you have forgotten your password completely, you will have to provide your University Number, ID/Passport Number, and Email address/Phone number.
During password recovery, make sure all the information you provide is exactly what is on your records.
The phone number is key since your New Password will arrive through it. You must also use any other email rather than your student email since it will also be inaccessible.
Note that if you change your password in eFundi, it will change everywhere due to the CAS protocol in place.
If you are having issues with the platform, call IT on 018-285 4350
If you have any questions or suggestions, leave a comment.