fbpx

MTN Ghana Withdraws The Case Against NCA

Sponsored

Scancom Plc operators of MTN Ghana says it has withdrawn its case against the National Communications Authority (NCA) declaring it as a Significant Market Power (SMP).

The telecom giant says it is having engagements with the Authority in a concerted effort to settle the procedural and administrative legal challenge concerning its SMP declaration.

In a press release signed by Samuel Koranteng, Corporate Services Executive, MTN Ghana explained that based on “progress made so far, in good faith, on settlement discussions with the NCA and Communications Ministry” it decided to withdraw its case.

MTN Ghana had filed a case at the Supreme Court on September 4, after an Accra High Court dismissed a suit it filed to restrain the NCA from declaring it as an SMP.

Earlier, the telecom giant had filed a suit asking the court to review the decision by the Authority, which they say violates their right to due process.

Sponsored

But MTN Ghana says it has withdrawn the case.

“It is our expectation that this action will pave the way for further discussions and an amicable resolution, in the spirit of the renewed channels of engagement,” the statement said.

According to MTN Ghana, it identifies that collective goodwill and commitment is necessary to help the entire industry thrive and support government’s agenda to enhance connectivity and the availability of communication services in the country.

“We are convinced that this decision is in the best interest of our cherished customers, shareholders and other stakeholders.

“MTN Ghana would like to reassure its cherished Customers and Shareholders that our commitment to the delivery of a bold new digital world in Ghana continues to be resolute,” it added.

Sorce: myjoyonline.com

Sponsored